Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Silverado RST crew cab 4x4 3.0 Duramax
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 3.0 seems to have an air leak on boost. It gets pretty loud from 1,000 to 2,500 rpms. I checked all the hoses and air filter box and couldn’t find a leak. I’ve also noticed my mpgs during this range is 3-9 mpgs. My total mpgs have suffered also. A couple months ago I had a seal go out in the intercooler and leak oil into the system. My cel light came on then, but hasn’t now yet. Gm won’t look at it until one comes on. Has anyone else had this issue? And help would be appreciated. Thanks joe

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
If you can demonstrate to the dealership that the problem exists, they should address it. The first step for any repair is to replicate the customer complaint/problem - if they can't and have no other evidence, they really don't know what to do (in many instances).

·
Registered
2020 Silverado RST crew cab 4x4 3.0 Duramax
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes sense. The noise is totally obvious as soon as the tech takes off they’ll hear it. I looked again tonight, but couldn’t see anything loose or cracked. I did forget to mention before that my fuel filter is near 30% and I’m gonna change it this weekend. Maybe that’s also contributing to the loss of fuel economy.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
If you have a choice of GM dealers, try a different one. Just saying there MUST be an engine check light is not a reasonable position for a dealership to take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts