Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to build my LMM on a budget over the course of the next year and was hoping for opinions on how it sounds and any suggestions anyone may have. Don't be afraid to critique I wanna hear everyone's opinion

Right now I'm running an edge race CTS DPF deleted and an intake.

My plans are as follows:
First: Big Dipper tranny because my tranny is on its last leg
Second: Air dog II 165
Third: Snow meth stage 2?
Fourth: EFI live most likely Idaho Rob tunes, sell Edge CTS and buy an Insight for gauges

Then possibly a turbo if I have the money. I have been looking into a 4094vvt or maybe a Cheetah still not sure on the size.

Not looking for crazy power I do tow with it, use it as a truck and a DD

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would do Tranny,Airdog,Efi,Meth if egt's are geting out of contol. That is my opinion. For a turbo a Danville performance or the 4094vvt.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
^^ what he said! I'm bringing mine in may and its getting trans, turbo, injectors, AD, EFI, meth, stacks, studs and can't remember the rest, Good luck on ur build and keep us updated! Where you from and whose doing ur work?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm from New York and probably doing most of my own work for now besides the trans. The trans is the only thing I'm scared to touch and mine as well have the best build it up right. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best bang for my buck if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's everyones opinion on EGR deletes with these kind of mods?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Let me know where you get your trans built. I'm in North Tonawanda and I've been looking all over western NY and can't find a shop that touch an allison

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know where you get your trans built. I'm in North Tonawanda and I've been looking all over western NY and can't find a shop that touch an allison

Im driving to Maryland and getting it built at Big Dipper. Read nothing but positive things about him so I talked to him on the phone and he sounds like an awesome guy. If you dont want to drive I know that Brockport Transmission is decent. Have had friends go to L&L transmission to get tranny's built and they weren't that high of quality builds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just talked to a buddy he said basically no one in NY is worth it

·
Registered
815 Posts
That's what I figured... when you get it done let me know what you think and how much it costs if you don't mind. Every place around here looks at you like your speaking Chinese when you ask if they work on Allison's lol

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That's what I figured... when you get it done let me know what you think and how much it costs if you don't mind. Every place around here looks at you like your speaking Chinese when you ask if they work on Allison's lol
You can't go wrong with big dipper or mike L. I wouldn't even consider going to the other shops if either of these guys are close. I drove over 30+ hours to mike l. Top notch service.

To the OP:

You don't need meth... or cocaine :sly:

Here is what I would do:

1. Trans
2. Airdog and gauges
3. Efilive
4. EGR delete

Drive it with a Max effort and see how much you enjoy it.

If you still want more:

4: Twins (MPI), head studs, injectors, new tunes

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
You can't go wrong with big dipper or mike L. I wouldn't even consider going to the other shops if either of these guys are close. I drove over 30+ hours to mike l. Top notch service.

To the OP:

You don't need meth... or cocaine :sly:

Here is what I would do:

1. Trans
2. Airdog and gauges
3. Efilive
4. EGR delete

Drive it with a Max effort and see how much you enjoy it.

If you still want more:

4: Twins (MPI), head studs, injectors, new tunes
X2!

exactly the way i would do it minus head studs

·
Registered
381 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you two.. I'm up in Lockport. I'm thinking the best bet would be getting a built tranny from Big Dipper sent here and having it installed.. If he does that

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in the same boat as you two.. I'm up in Lockport. I'm thinking the best bet would be getting a built tranny from Big Dipper sent here and having it installed.. If he does that

His turn around times are real fast its almost worth it to drive down and meet the person you are spending all that money on IMO. He told me if it gets there first thing I'll be on my way home in the late afternoon

·
Registered
381 Posts
His turn around times are real fast its almost worth it to drive down and meet the person you are spending all that money on IMO. He told me if it gets there first thing I'll be on my way home in the late afternoon
Well if he gets it done in a day it looks like I'll be taking a drive down there this summer!

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
does he have a website or just a # over at big dipper? idk i could probably talk my wife into taking a weekend and going up that way if its only 1 day the truck is hung up but ive only got 17000 miles right now and the ally is in good shape just thinkin about a trans go jr for now... silvermax idk how many of us there are in wny but id like to try and get a truck meet going this summer for us if you know anybody thatd be interested

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
l'll PM you his number. Shoot him a text with what you have and want and he'll get back to you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
does he have a website or just a # over at big dipper? idk i could probably talk my wife into taking a weekend and going up that way if its only 1 day the truck is hung up but ive only got 17000 miles right now and the ally is in good shape just thinkin about a trans go jr for now... silvermax idk how many of us there are in wny but id like to try and get a truck meet going this summer for us if you know anybody thatd be interested
I was thinking the same thing. Ever been out to dunn tire speedway in Lancaster for the cruise nights? I usually go a couple times a summer. But as far as other duramax owners I only know one near me. But I got two friends with diesels that would probably be in for a get together.

·
Registered
815 Posts
im actually going to try and get up there this summer and run my wifes uncles cobra against the dmax and see what itl do....as far as im concerned i dont really care what the brand is i just want an all diesel meet. just seems like we dont have any support for the diesel sport in the area. do you have a level kit, or a trans go on your truck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts