Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I'm not a mechanic nor do I have much knowledge on the ins and outs of diesel engines so I need some advice. On my 2007 LBZ when I step on it I am getting whitish/grey smoke coming from the tailpipe instead of the usual blackish/grey smoke the truck used to put out. I've heard that white smoke is the tell tale sign of injector issues so how would I go about checking my injectors? Are scan tools like the ones they have at napa or autozone capable of giving fuel pressure measurements? If not where can I go to possibly get this diagnosed (I'd like to avoid the dealer if I can). Also if you have any other suggestions on why I am getting the whiter smoke that would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Hey everyone,

So I'm not a mechanic nor do I have much knowledge on the ins and outs of diesel engines so I need some advice. On my 2007 LBZ when I step on it I am getting whitish/grey smoke coming from the tailpipe instead of the usual blackish/grey smoke the truck used to put out. I've heard that white smoke is the tell tale sign of injector issues so how would I go about checking my injectors? Are scan tools like the ones they have at napa or autozone capable of giving fuel pressure measurements? If not where can I go to possibly get this diagnosed (I'd like to avoid the dealer if I can). Also if you have any other suggestions on why I am getting the whiter smoke that would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys
White smoke is not a telltale sign of injector issues.....its associated more with coolant.....

So more likely a blown headgasket. You can check it by having someone do a compression test.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where would the most convenient/lowest cost place I could get that done?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts