Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being unfamiliar with diesels and quite familiar with gas motors my lly sounds like its knocking. From what i have been reading it potentially is the injectors. i have an 05 lly that i did the injector clean on and drove it right after that with no problem. I shut it off and started it back up and its knocking again. Are the injectors bad? harness? I've also read that harness 4 and 7 go bad on the lly's as well. please advise. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also noted when i drive the vehicle its perfectly fine for a little bit and accelerates alright but then it will start to make that knocking noise and I get major power loss.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Check the wiring harness by the alternator, also check injector harness on especially on #7 (passenger's side rear) and #2 (drivers side front).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I did a search on those and found the ice pick trick that seems to be a common problem on the lly's. hopefully that solves the problem since injectors seem to be very pricey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts