Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Duramax LTZ Z71
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I did look around this forum to find information re part numbers but what I can find is outdated.

Here is some background: I bought my truck from Carmax who advertised power fold camper mirrors. When I found out they did not power fold, Carmax tried to replace them - the driver's side works 100% but they had trouble finding the correct passenger side mirror - they did get a power fold but it was not for a diesel and so got a CEL light. SO my left works great and the right does not power fold.

Long story short, they told me to go to a dealer and they will pay the bill - can't get too upset with that.

So off to the dealer who appears to be in the dark because the truck is 6 years old.

Here's what they say they need so that they can purchase the correct mirror: the VIN from a truck that came with chrome camper mirrors with power fold. I'm not sure I buy that...

Regardless, the build code will be DQS on the sticker in your glove compartment.

Any help, a VIN, or correct current part number would be appreciated.

BTW & FWIW I did find this but it is not clear to me that it will work.

I should mention that the dealer went ahead and ordered part # 84041615 but again, from what I can tell it is not going to be the correct mirror.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
748 Posts
Here is the part number you need 84691685. The number you listed is not power fold.

·
Registered
2015 Duramax LTZ Z71
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the part number you need 84691685. The number you listed is not power fold.
Thank you for the number. That is a huge help.

That will fit a 2015.5 and will I need a harness? The original build was a DL3.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
748 Posts
Yes that will fit. If you have a 15.5 I believe it should work. If all the lights work like they should with what that dealer put on you are fine.

·
Registered
2015 Duramax LTZ Z71
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,222 Posts
Just in case you have trouble sourcing factory parts, here's another possible route...

Lots of build options on there, but they are a quality supplier and will definitely sell you the correct part for what you need.

Reactions: Duneflier

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
748 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Duramax LTZ Z71
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don’t know what they mean by that. It’s got the temp sensor and is power fold so that’s all that matters.
Yes, what I thought. Can't see what one system has to do with the other.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
If it doesn't have the K40 designation and you have a diesel it will throw a code that can't be fixed. Has a temp sensor on the passenger side that works with the diesel engine.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Note: RPO Code - K40 Option (Exhaust Brake) for Diesel Trucks. If you have a Diesel Truck, you will NEED to get the appropriate DL3, DPN, DQS Mirror WITH the K40 Option. This is basically a temperature sensor on the passenger side mirror. Without this, you will get a Check Engine Light (CEL) error come on with an “Ambient Temperature” message on your DIC (Driver Information Center). This is NOT an issue with Gas Trucks. You can install a passenger mirror with the temperature sensor on a gas truck with no issue (I am using a K40 optioned DL3 Mirror on my truck).

·
Registered
2015 Duramax LTZ Z71
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pix show a temp sensor and says it's good for diesel but NOT with e-brake - welcome to my nightmare...

Here's a pic from the listing. Also my local dealer took my word as Gospel and tagged the part onto my work order. So now. they have both part #'s ordered. Pretty impressive for a dealer that I've never been to.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Eyewear Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts