Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure how informed this person was, but was told that the power puck causes the trucks to regen a lot and killing fuel economy due to simply just adding more fuel and having to clear the DPF so I will experience more episodes of loss of power and fuel economy. He was urging me to stay away from it and do an actual tune, but I am not tKing the chance of voiding my warrant,y any farther than a pressure box.

Anyone able to confirm this?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Soot is un-burned fuel, so I imagine it would cause increased. That said, nobody has complained about horrible mileage yet.

We have a tech guy on here from them, I'll PM him the thread and see if we can get his thoughts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Appreciate it. I just need an idea of what I getting myself in to and if I need to keep more urea on hand, not to mention, if I am really going to experience a power loss and mpg loss on long distance drives

·
Registered
131 Posts
As TDF mentioned, I do not have any customers complaining of regen issues, and most seem to be reporting increases in mileage, so I can't see this being a reality ;)

I would guess that if you are beating on the truck constantly, and leave the puck turned all the way up, you'll have more frequent regens, but that should be expected...

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As TDF mentioned, I do not have any customers complaining of regen issues, and most seem to be reporting increases in mileage, so I can't see this being a reality ;)

I would guess that if you are beating on the truck constantly, and leave the puck turned all the way up, you'll have more frequent regens, but that should be expected...

Thanks
Mike
Thanks for replying Mike. With the device cranked and driving conservatively, is this a viable option for fuel economy, or do you recommend it to be turned down?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks again for the help. As always, diablo customer service is always number one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts