Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the Power Service Ceetane boost with Anti Gelling and as I stated I am not a rcoket sceintist but don't you think an anti gelling additive should have a could pour point lower that -37.2 degrees C which is -35 degrees F? I mean WTF I go to check my washer fluid that is -35 today and it is frozen and for shits and giggles I check to see how thick the Power Servive is .......... what do you know it is like a damn slushie.

Should I be even using this stuff??? I have not had any problems YET.

Thanks
Phil

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
It tells you to store in a warmer place than -35F. It needs to be in the diesel to be activated. Stanadyne does the same thing...most fuel additives will freeze.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just talking to my friend yetserday, he makes his own biodiesel and was talking to the tech guys at 911 and they said that 911 has to be added when the fuel is above -10c (14f) or it actually makes the problem worse! so that stuff seems kinda stupid. As for fuel gelling depends if it was winter or summer diesel...I'm not totally sure what temp summer fuel gells at but we use winter fuel and run no additives or heaters for gelling and it get's to -40 here and we rarely have troubles...summer fuel and anywhere NEAR those temperatures and I'm sure it'd be gel.

Z71

Black

Stock rims and tires,

Edge EVO CTS RACE

DPF Delete Kit/ 4 inch MBRP Straight pipe

This was posted by CrazyCanuck in another thread, were you guys aware of this? Isn't 911 supposed to be added when you have a problem? I hope I don't have problems at 14F!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts