Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will doing the Power Steering/Hydro-Boost Flush help with the power steering easiness? Mind feels like the pump is not strong enough when sitting still and turning the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Will doing the Power Steering/Hydro-Boost Flush help with the power steering easiness? Mind feels like the pump is not strong enough when sitting still and turning the steering wheel.
I believe that's just HB for you. Sitting still really doesn't have much guts, in my experience. However, I bet you'd be surprised by doing the flush, anyway. I did mine today just for the hell of it and couldn't believe how nasty the fluid was. It was 10x darker than the darkest engine oil I've ever changed. It smelled so bad that I just threw away the catch pan. Steering is much more consistent and not as numb. Didn't notice any more power, though, but there is a difference.

·
Registered
566 Posts
There is a howto on here that give great instructions on how to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.