Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have never really posted on here before but I am so fed up with my power steering that I thought I would give it a try. A month ago my truck started making a funny noise and then almost immediately my brakes and power steering went out, I powered through and took it to the shop and they put a new pump in and the day I got it back as I was driving up in the mountains it did it again and they said it was their fault and that the clasp came off or something. Now it's doing it again but without the funny noises. I just drove 8 hours Im wondering if maybe it could be my fluid, even though I checked it before I left or maybe the pump again? Its dark and I'm too pissed to look at my truck.... Anybody think they can help? It's an 05 Duramax.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Where are you at? Give us a general area and maybe we can get someone headed your way to help. Bump to the top for you. Sounds like something minor is going on with a line or fluid.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Welcome to the DF!
I don't really have any answers for you, but there's lots of knowledgable guys on here. Hopefully someone can help you out.
I'd suggest starting an introduction thread. Once guys see your screen name you'll get a lot of traffic. You can direct them over to this thread to help you out. Good luck.....

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level in the pump reservoir?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's pushing a bit over 180,000 miles. I get the truck fully serviced a lot actually because I drive so much but maybe I need to do that again! Thank you! I know I should probably just take it to the shop but if it's something I can have fixed at home I rather do that!

What mileage on your truck? Has it ever had the brake and steering system flushed? Maybe some debris in the system. Hope a smart person chimes in soon for ya.

Welcome to the forums as well :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw girl and so I'm here :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
a typical shop will not flush the hydroboost, and most probably wouldnt even know the proper way to do it. The first thing you need to start with is to do a hydroboost flush until the fluid is clear. If you do alot of towing or are constantly on the breaks or stop and go, I would highly recommend synthetic powersteering fluid, although it is a bit more pricey. Then also be sure you dont have any leaks from your p.s. lines, or your gear box.

If you need any more help feel free to pm me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts