Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve recently swapped out my power steering pump, along with other items, such as the hydro boost. I kept hardware grouped by the item, but I’ve ended up with an extra bracket and a bolt that I had in the the pump hardware, so I’m sure it came from that, but I can’t figure out where it goes.
I know I didn’t open the plastic cable holder during the removal, further adding to the mystery of where does it go.
Anyone know where I screwed up?
2007 classic Chevy 2500HD

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Looks like a bracket to hold a wire loom or hose. Put that number in a GM parts website, and it should show where it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a bracket to hold a wire loom or hose. Put that number in a GM parts website, and it should show where it goes.
Ah, yes, never thought to Google the number stamped into it for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.
Looks like it is meant to hold a battery cable. While the scuff marks on the bracket match the diameter of the washer on the bolt, I was concerned that maybe they didn’t actually go together and the bolt when somewhere under the power steering pump pulley. But I see in the diagram that it shows the same short bolt going through this bracket. I still can’t picture exactly where this goes, but now I know to track the battery cables to find the spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did the power steering pump on my 2002 work truck yesterday. Took some pics while doing it. Hope these help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, yup, that's it! Thanks for posting the pictures! After seeing them, I took a peek in the gap between the pump and the pulley, sure enough, I can see the bolt hole. This is far from my first rodeo, so really strange that I missed that before installing the pulley.
With the way the cables and hoses are running now, I don't think the bracket would be helpful at all. So at least my screw up was on something that is pointless to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts