Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the power steering pump pulley be removed in the truck on an 05. LLY. My bet shredded and go wadded up partially behind the ps pump pulley and pushed it off alignment a little bit. So can I push the pulley back in alignment with the tool after I remove the old belt in the truck

Premium Member
and pushed it off alignment a little bit.
Yes

But....it's a ? "which came first? The egg or the chicken?

PS pump pulley is known to walk off the shaft, shredding the belt in the process.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is that a yes that I can push the pulley back on the pump shaft in the truck with out removing the whole pump from the truck. And I鈥檓 assuming that maybe if that happens maybe the pulley started to walk off the shaft some which caused the misalignment which caused the belt to shred and wad up and push the pulley off more. So can I push the pump pulley back on it the truck maybe but a little red lock tight on the shaft before I pushed it back on

Premium Member
yes
no pump pull for the pulley on/off.

Premium Member
I tried on my LMM and found it unworkable, I tried to put the pump back on and then install the pulley, ended up removing the pump a second time, installing the pulley and putting it back on as an assembly.

I will say, a swivel ratcheting head box end wrench made it MUCH easier to get the bolts out with the pulley still attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts