Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats Everyones Opinion On All These Power Programmers...what Do You Have On Your Duramaxes And What Kind Of Everyday Gas Milage/towing Milage Are You Getting...everyones Input Is Welcome

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Right now I am just using my TST Powermax. I normally use it set for 3 hp and 3 tq (about 45 hp gain over stock). Around town I get 14-16, on the highway I get 18-19, and towing a 24' V-nose enclosed trailer I get anywhere from 10-14 depending on temp outside. The best mileage towing came from when the temp was around 25-30F above. My towing numbers are on winter fuel with stanadyne added. I am getting ready to tow again this weekend....I should be towing a 32' camper...hopefully I can get around 12-14.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
the best setup i have found so far other than efi live is the ppe hot excelarator set to 90 hp and use of a boost increaser to raise boost to about 30 psi, i never seen worse than 15mpg towing 9k with egts never over 1250!!!!

Later
CB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Efilive offers more versatility then any other, wether you want to blow smoke, have a good towing tune, a mileage tune, 80-100-160-290hp you have it all.

Efilive has the dsp2 which allows you to have 2 programs stored in your PCM and you can switch between them on the fly.
Efilive also has a new "TNT" feature coming out soon with the dsp2 that will allow you to have a dash mounted potentiometer that will allow you to add or take away fuel as you are driving. :gearjamin

If you like to play with stuff efilive is a good choice, but if you just want plug and play there are many other options out there.

But a properly built EFI tune will sure make you smile:)

The best MPG so far is a LLY crew cab with Efilive, short box 4X4 with 6 inch lift and 35" tires that got 19mpg highway.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
with my edge in stage 3, I am getting about 15-16 highway... but my mileage has SUCKED since day 1. After talking to several techs, 05 was not the best year for mileage, the trucks are all over the board. One GM Commercial tech even referred to the 05's as the "black hole" year for the duramax. very comforting. Pulling a 24' enclosed car trailer i get 10-11 at about 80MPH.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
with the ppe on both off my trucks i gained 3 to 4 on the 06 lbz 2500HD crew cab short bed best yet is 23.2 all highway average speed was 73,then on 05 lly dually i went from 15.7 highway to best yet 23.6 on the highway average speed was 70.i noticed the biggest milage gain doing the straight exhuast and programmers on both trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts