Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone that might have had a similiar problem.

Power windows usually work but every once in a while I have no power to the switches. No power to the switches on all four doors and the power slider.

Couple of times I was able to just shut the truck down, turn the key on, and then they would work.

I guess I need a diagram of the power distribution.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had that happen on my 07 2500 and my buddys 08 1500 did the same thing. It seemed like it would happen if you pushed the window button as you were starting the truck. If you open and close the door it should start working. We both had them to the dealership and they couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had that happen on my 07 2500 and my buddys 08 1500 did the same thing. It seemed like it would happen if you pushed the window button as you were starting the truck. If you open and close the door it should start working. We both had them to the dealership and they couldnt find anything.
Mine does this as well, figure its just a computer glitch and I stopped trying to roll up/down the windows when i am starting the truck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My passenger side only works sometimes and just recently my right rear went down automatically and wouldn't go back up for a couple of minutes. Weird?! Damn computers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for someone that might have had a similiar problem.

Power windows usually work but every once in a while I have no power to the switches. No power to the switches on all four doors and the power slider.

Couple of times I was able to just shut the truck down, turn the key on, and then they would work.

I guess I need a diagram of the power distribution.
I had a similar problem on my 2008 1500 LTZ it started with windows then the dash lights and then the stabilitrac started acting crazy ? I had it to the dealer 14 times and a total of 3 weeks it spent there, they never figured it out so I traded it in on my 2006 dmax now my dads 2009 has a similar problem ? I personally think its the BCM that controls one aspect or another of all those functions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update to my problem.
Just noticed that when I plug my trailer lights in, the windows wont work. This is with the light switch in the auto position.
I need to turn the lights on in order for the windows to work when the trailer is plugged in.

IDK what the problem is.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds like a BCM issue, need to find someone with a Tech II and scan it while you alternate between lights and windows to find out if its crapping out on ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts