Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Power mirror stopped working-

I just purchaced a used 2003 d-max 2500hd. The power mirror on the drivers side totally stopped working today, and the fold in mirrors don't work either- the drivers side not at all, and the passenger tips out of the way of the truck, but doesn't fold at all. Any known problems with these mirrors? anything I can try besides a baseball bat? :)
Thanks.
Abe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the mirrors worked when I got in the truck tonight, driver mirror moved, and they both folded in as they are supposed to, then a few minutes later they stopped, just as before. Bad relay?, Loose connection?.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Windows work like a champ, just the mirrors. Maybe the three postion rocker switch that selects which mirror to close.... ? That can't be it, or the mirrors would fold in when it was in the middle postions, since the passenger makes the initial move to fold in (mirror moves out of the way) right?
Very frustrating on a "new" (to me)truck.
Thanks
Abe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am an idiot- My first post showed windows didn't work, I finally looked closer at it, and realized my mistake, very sorry. I ment the mirror, not the windows. It is only the mirrors that have the problem.:confused: :eek:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have a friend who has a 03 chevy 2500HD and he had the truck to the dealer 3 times and had new mirrors put on every time and still has problems,some times you power them out and they won't power in again and other times they don't work at all.it must have been a bad design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts