Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i need help from some of you diesel pros...so as i have said before my bro-inlaw has an 05 f350 diesel and we have been getting into it lately since i got my 07 dmax...you know everyone that has a ford, dodge or chevy is always going to say well my motor is better and blah blah blah, and imnew to the diesel world so when we start getting into it about whos engine is better i dont have many things to come back at when comparing the dmax to the cummings and pstroke!!! i know our motor is superior but what are the big differences and advantages to our engines compared to the other 2...i always hear that the cummings will supposedly last forever and outrun the dmax and pstroke and i hear the pstroke can pull more and so on...anyone have good comebacks and comparables to come back with, anything would help, thanks:rockin

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
dollar for dollar the duramax takes the cake.let the truck do the talking,this is some advice my dad gave me and it never fails.bought a 06 lbz 2500HD about the time my friend bought a ram 3500 drw cr610 ho cummins all he would talk about is how his cummins is so much better but after 4 trips to the dealership and that wasn't to drop a payment of either he dosn't talk about it any more.hope this helps and makes sense!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new to the duramax world also, but I did run a powerstroke for a long time. The old 7.3's were hard to beat but I would not touch the 6.0. Even the ford dealer and a ford mechanic told me it was a flop. Too may problems out there. that is why I bought a new duramax last week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts