Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well i just finished putting the injectors in and now my truck is giving me the p0089 codes........any ideas, im afraid to run it on new injectors when this is happening

what could this be?:help

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
check the main wiring harness on the drivers side top of the engine. The wire that powers the fuel pressure regulator (p0089 code) has known to get broken over time on occasion. That's where i would start at least.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked and it's fine, the engine light only comes on idling sometimes and when going down a hill, almost seems to lope. Do I need to have my efi tunes adjusted or what shall I do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you changed your fuel filter recently? I got that code, swapped fuel filters and it's gone. I did purchase the FPR for 200 bones, but I dont think I needed the part now... Kind of jumped ahead of the game, no worries;D

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
You sure it isn't the raptor tripping the fprv because of too much pressure? I get that all the time when I turn the pressure up. Try turnin it down a hair and clear the code to see if it comes back. Shim kit fixed mine.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sure it isn't the raptor tripping the fprv because of too much pressure? I get that all the time when I turn the pressure up. Try turnin it down a hair and clear the code to see if it comes back. Shim kit fixed mine.
How much should I turn it down, I'm assuming I just turn that screw but how much? I've never had a problem with it and never changes the psi from what it was out of the box. If there is anything special please let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts