Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking the truck down the 1/8th mile in a little bit. What kindof damage am I doing to the transmission if I lock out 5th, and T/H it? :gearjamin

Looking for a serious answer, no troller's!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I would do it... yea its not good for it but i ran my 200+ tune for a month before i got my new tranny... that said i also limped it 6 times on my 160... once was even on the dyno. But hey run it and find out!!!

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i ran that exact tune for a very long time on my stock tranny and never limped. i also ran the bigger tune and never limped. you're fine for a few pass' down the track

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
it all really depends on the truck IMO some will be fine, so not much... how many miles are on the truck? I've had friends limp on 90hp tunes then i know people running 220 tunes and haven't limped :cool:
either way its not good for it and its only borrowed time :cool:

·
Registered
872 Posts
push button it and don't shift till 3500 rpms and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it all really depends on the truck IMO some will be fine, so not much... how many miles are on the truck? I've had friends limp on 90hp tunes then i know people running 220 tunes and haven't limped :cool:
either way its not good for it and its only borrowed time :cool:
its got alot of miles, about 187000mi. I limped it once, about a year ago, 160 tune wot 4-5 shift, but I was dicking around not in t/h or locked. I got excited and forgot to let up, and forgot I was on the 160.

btw, no push button on an 03, LOL.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i think you would be ok on the track. i took mine down the track three times on 160 and never limped. if im on the hwy and try to pass someone i have to be careful lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the opinions! I guess Ill get to try it out next time.

Ive been pretty busy with home work, and I didn't make it like I'd hoped. Kinda bummed Downerrr . All my friends probably think I'm avoiding them, I added it up and ive worked about 61 hours since this time last week on homework alone, not to mention sleep and going to class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts