Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the standard PPE tuner in truck and do not have gauges yet was wondering if anyone could give me their max EGT's on everyday driving this includes smoken Dodges and Furds off the light.:rockin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Personally, I would not run it on that setting until you put an EGT Guage on. I have a different programmer and I can easily hit 12-1300 without trying too much. Each truck is a little different. Is the $200 or so that you save worth risking a $10,000 engine?

·
Registered
121 Posts
if you gonna get a tuner, you really need guages to keep an eye on things and a tranmission upgrade if you want to run at a higher level (90-100hp).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am waiting to do anything on mine until I get the guages in. Just fear of tearing it up plus they look cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Working on getting guages running 90 tune now easy just wanted some numbers of what others are running on EGT guage.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i took off the ppe because my egts would get so high never had a problem but full throttle got them to 1400* easy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What tune were you running IDriveBowTie?

·
Registered
262 Posts
program 2. if i went to three they flew up and i could pin them at 1500*(gauge didnt go higher)

·
Registered
132 Posts
when i ran a borrowed ppe hot et +2 last weekend and i could lay smoke all day long. i ran level 10 and it was a riot to smoke out everything in sight, but my egt guage was pegged at 1600 everytime i got into it and held it there.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i love the smoke them ppe hot et 2 make...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts