Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, let me say the forum has been a big help in bringing my Duramax knowledge out of the gutter!

I'm thinking of putting on a tuner and have narrowed it down to the Predator or the PPE. I don't plan on doing any tranny mods and do plan on towing, so I'll stick with the 85-90 horsepower tunes or lower. I have a question regarding the Predator, does it defuel during shifts to save the tranny like the PPE? I havent been able to find anything specific about it. Other than that these two products seem very similar, does anyone have any back to back comparisons on them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
if your not planning to make any tranny mods and want to have only 85 to 90 hp, then get the predator. PPE is better IMO, but with out tranny mods i would keep it on a level 2 and down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would definitly go with PPE over predator;I ran the predator in my 02 lb7 and then switched to a PPE DURAMAXIMIZER and there was no comparison in power output!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ppe all the way

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I"m likin my PPE in my LBZ so far. Shifts great and runs good on level 2.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just went from the Edge to the Preator. It is not as hot as the Edge but it seems to shift better and be a little smoother. I am by no means a pro but I guess it depends on what you are in to. "Hot" and racing, go with the PPE or Edge, smooth and a little less "hot" the predator is great. I also like being able to read and erase codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts