Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to keep my edge j/a for the gauge so i dont have to buy new gauges and the edges are a dime a dozen now, looking to just keep the edge on 0 and use PPE for tuning. Anyone out there doing this?? i know the edge on zero isnt really stock because it changes timing.

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
You should be fine. I know people that do it. It isn't a big deal. You will have some effects from the Edge, but nothing noticeable.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Guys have done this, I would personally go with the Edge CS or CTS. You get the tuning and gauges built in. The new Edge units are nothing short of amazing.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks Tyler
MPF

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
Or.... you could just do it right the first time and get EFI Live with a couple of guages and never worry about programming again.... Just a thought.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I've been there and done the whole stacking thing. I would just sell the juice and use that money for gauges. You should be able to get 150-200 bucks for it I would think

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arent the edge cs and cts going to be the same tuning that i have now they just have the color or touch screens? because i know edge has the upgrades for previous juice with attitude owners that im guessing your just buying the new screens. I would like to keep the edge i have and get a ppe that way i have the digital gauges.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i talked to edge and they are changing the cold engine protection so it will start adding fuel at 140 instead of 160. I dont think they make an evolution for the LB7 and they told me the new j/a with the cs and cts are the same tuning as the juice i have now.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
i talked to edge and they are changing the cold engine protection so it will start adding fuel at 140 instead of 160. I dont think they make an evolution for the LB7 and they told me the new j/a with the cs and cts are the same tuning as the juice i have now.
I think you're a little confused... happens to all of us :eek:

The edge juice with attitude can be had with a CS or CTS monitor, yes. But it is an ENTIRELY different unit than the Edge Evolution with the CS or CTS monitor. You're comparing a model T with a corvette :D Edge does make the evolution line for the LB7 now. It just recently came in to the market. It's quickly proving to be a great unit!

But as for the stack with the edge juice, while it may work, I'd stay away from it. The PPE tuner adds timing as well, so you'll probably hear more timing rattle than you'll want. And for the money, you get the monitor and tuner with the Edge Evo, and it's not priced much different from some of the PPE tuners.

Let me know if I can help :)

-Jesse

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
wanting to keep my edge j/a for the gauge so i dont have to buy new gauges and the edges are a dime a dozen now, looking to just keep the edge on 0 and use PPE for tuning. Anyone out there doing this?? i know the edge on zero isnt really stock because it changes timing.
Yes, you can do this, theres a ton of people that run that or a similar setup. Another option would be to sell the J/A and get one of the Evolution CS or CTS programmers (what I recommend).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had the J/A on my 2003 Duramax since it was new and I have had it updated a number of times. I have used it as a stand alone unit and had it stacked with various other tuners. EDGE SAYS THAT THE STOCK SETTING IS 100% STOCK!

The best stacking combo I have tried and currently use is the J/A for guages only set on STOCK and stacked with the Kennedy ECM, 100hp/250Hp. Truck runs great no problems at all.:drink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.