Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
buy a boost guage to go along so you can watch your boost but other then that you should't have a problem

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
i would get some exhaust with the boost controller... thats a lot of air for the stock submarine of a muffler thats under there...

·
Registered
47 Posts
along the lines of a ppe, i have a 5 inch mbrp and a boost gauge....what should i watch my gauge for? 30-32 psi? im hitting 26-29 right now depending on air temp outside, should i not even get one? thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have 03 LB7 with Edge Juice w/Attitude and k&n drop. Whats the advantages for running the PPE valve? I plan on gettin the AFE stage 2 intake and 5" turbo back exhaust soon. Only had the truck 4 days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah u can run it w/ the edge, just make sure u have a mechanical boost guage to tell what u r pushing for psi. don't rely on the edge monitor to tell u your boost!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can you name a few places with decent prices to buy boost and EGT guages?

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah, the reading from the edge is not always accurate because it minipulates the signals around the ecm from what i've read. i bought mine from autometer, i'm sure that some of the site sponsors sell guages, maybe look there

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
What would be too much boost for the stock turbo on a LB7?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
What would be too much boost for the stock turbo on a LB7?
Some will say 32 max and others say 35 max, So I would be careful with 32 and you should be OK. Watch out for Turbo Bark- that is when you let off the throttle fast when you have high turbo pressure. That stalls the turbo-- imagine spinning at 125K and all at once stopping in a second! Anything over 35 is to much for a stock turbo. In my Opinion! After all, it is your $$. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have a LLy and bought the ppe boost controller and i seriously dont see a difference or maybe i just dont seem to know how to work it. Maybe just 2 stupid.

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
I have a LLy and bought the ppe boost controller and i seriously dont see a difference or maybe i just dont seem to know how to work it. Maybe just 2 stupid.
How are you reading your boost level? If you are reading boost with the Banks PDA then STOP use of the boost controller until you can get a mechanical guage. The boost controller fools the signal in order to command more boost. The pda is unable to read a accurate boost numbers because of controller fooling the signal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the ppe boost valve. My truck is a 2002 2500HD 4x4. I have a boost gauge, 4 inch straight flow exhuast with out cat and edge juice on 3rd setting which is max recommended with out upgraded trans. If you have a boost gauge installed what side of the gauge do you install the ppe boost valve and what should I be getting 30's or high 20's I am at 7000 feet elevation mind you. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
i wouldnt run the ppe my cousin bent his shavt from spoling to much to fast id got with the banks big head waste gate a little more monney but worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts