Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I I turned my Excellerator up to 160 from 90. I ran it for a little while and didn't run to hard for to long. Bought up to 80 mph or so. Then this evening I went to turn it back down and when I went to turn it down it threw a code. I cleared it and it popped up again. Same code. Cleared it and turned it down to 90hp and it came back again. Same code.

IT is DTC 2610. What is this code? It's not in the book with my tuner. There was another one when I got home and cleared them both and now it shows no codes. I just wanna know what #2610 is. Thanks for the help.

Ryan

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I'm not sure what that code is, but you might have to return the truck to stock first and then program it to 90. I had that problem with the predator when I first got it. I got all sorts of codes and a service brake system on the cluster with an ABS light. I returned to stock and reprogrammed....problem solved. FWIW, I looked up a code P2610 and this is what it said:

Code: P2610
Modules: ECM, PCM
Description: Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

According to alldata, it has something to do with the ECM. So, I would try to go to stock and program to another power setting before calling your ECM bad like alldata says. It says that if you don't get DTC P0602, go to step 5, which is to replace the ECM. Hope this helps.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about it. I moved the curser to see if there were any other codes and there was one on this last time. c106. Something about the Manifold pressure. Now the more I think about it it seems like the 2610 is just telling me that there is a problem and to check for more codes. Does this sound right?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I guess that is what it is saying. I know that alldata says to try and clear the code first (P0602)....if it clears, you are good to go....if not, change ECM. That is only with the P0602 DTC though. Sometimes I think the flash programmers have hiccups and that's when it needs to be offloaded and reloaded on the truck. That other code could have happened when you were at the higher power setting. Do you have a boost guage on your truck? If not, I would put one on since you have a VVT on that truck and boost pressures can be controlled by programming. Although, I have witnessed strange electronic things happening for no reason like I told you about in my last post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 2610 code can be set by leaving your key on and the battery being disconnected or if your key has been in the run position for an extended period of time. I'm pretty sure it just pops up after loading different tunes in and out of yur truck. I have a ppe xcelerator and I have gotten that code twice...both times after changing the tune.

·
Registered
987 Posts
just got the same but cleared it and its good to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts