Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you all for replying and your advice!

I have almost got Mishimoto cooler but have read somewhere about them leaking! It makes more sense having oil cooled (years ago I did add oil cooler onto air cooled Honda XR-L 650 bike for that purpose).
I feel like having bigger pan with more oil to cool....now debading if PPE with more oil and cooling fins in&out, or Allison...is safer and easier job to do :unsure:

What coolers do you have?

·
Registered
2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Banks Super Scoop, Banks Rear Dif Cover, Mechman 320A alternator, S&B fuel tank
119 Posts
I doubt there is much difference in the ease of installing either pan.
I've got the Allison deep pan and installation is so easy a caveman could do it... I can't imagine the PPE is any different. I've never seen one in person but looking at pictures nothing about the design should complicate the process.
My advice would be use the Ally pan and use the money you save over the PPE pan towards a bigger cooler if you need one.
I suspect the fins probably help a little but I've never seen any real testing and I question if the juice is worth the squeeze.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts