Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New forum member here who recently purchased a 2013 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, 4x4, Z-71 truck. Truck is 100% stock except for my CTS Insight monitor.

I'm considering replacing the rear differential cover with the PPE aftermarket cover.

I have the following questions for those of you who have already completed this mod on the same configuration truck.

1. Truck is stock height with the Z-71 package. Will there be interference issues between the PPE diff cover and the spare tire (LT265/70R18 on factory steel wheel)?

2. Do the brake line and other brackets currently attached to the top of the differential housing have to be modified for attachment to the PPE diff cover?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Best regards,

Keith

·
Registered
102 Posts
After market diff covers do absolutely nothing other than for appearance, save your money and put it towards a FASS 150 imho

·
Registered
22 Posts
No it does not interfere an yes brake line brackets need to be modified. If u look stock they lay flat an one uses 2 bolts then look at ppe cover its ribbed an the ribs separate each hole they have to be cut to fit one hole an to fit in between the rib.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you honda450r14 for your response and providing helpful input. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had put the PPE differential cover on a stock 2013 Silverado 2500HD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problem gsitexas I have one on my 2013 an it looks great. If u have a cutoff wheel makes cutting bracket easy then touch up bracket with some paint an its done. I have pics if ya need to see what I did with brackets its pretty easy thought..I bought the front one to match but have the dirty hooker steering brace an the brace only works with stock cover I wanted the brace to work so never installed the front just heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts