Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I know I can solve all these problems with EFI Live, and I am planning on doing that soon. But until then...

After being told that the Hot +2 will increase the RPM (and seeing the video on PPE website of a Hot +2 reving to 5000RPM), I was a little disappointed this evening after loading my new(to me) tuner on my truck and seeing it drop off at 3200RPM. Has anyone else actually seen it work on their truck? Is it possible that the tune didn't load properly or is it only the higher levels that change RPM?

I also was expecting more power out of it, but level 4 (225hp) hardly feels as strong as my old Predator on the 85hp setting, way less throttle response. Is there anything you need to change when using it with a manual transmission (Predator has a setting for manual/auto)?

The other thing I thought it might be (after reading a few posts) is that I did the latest software update before I tried it on my truck (was 2.42, now 2.49). Some folks say the latest tunes don't smoke as much as the previous ones, so maybe PPE has removed power and other things as well? Sure hope that isn't the case. Anyone out there have copies of the older software for a Hot +2 E.T. that I can try?

Erik

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have only been able to hit those rpm's on my 350hp tune it shifts around 3700 when hard into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts