Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to do a cat/dpf delete on my 08 lmm and would like to find a cheap tuner like either ppe or efi but might would consider something else not really looking for all that much power because i have a stock tranny 100 horse should do it.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Neither ppe or efi is cheap, don't skimp on the tuner for a 30,000 (at least ) truck. The ppe sounds like it is right for you, efi is a little more involved than a flash programmer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I say efi unless you get a good deal on something else. In the end everyone goes efi. You will love yourself in the long run if you get it now. Plus once you see how easy it is to give these trucks power you will catch the bug and want more.

·
Irish man
320 Posts
Ive been there tryed most tuners except bully dog NOTHING CAN TOUCH EFI have someone build you a custom ECM to your likeing I only run Rob's tune but there's other good tuners I personally think he is the best tuner and always took care of me he will be building my TWIN ECM in a few days

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i just had a ppe hot+2 tuner, (ats e-power programmer, same thing different name pretty much) and i took it out and had a friend load a hot efi tune...night and day difference. it's amazing what a big difference proper tuning can make. i am plannning to get efi with in the next few months. even if you're not aiming for 800hp, efi can build you better towing or economy tunes than a ppe could. i'm hooked, if it was me spend the extra and get it done with, because if you were to modify your truck you can modify your tune. i'd get efi imo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts