Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have some input on this. And me doing it myself or letting a shop do it.?? Both shops want around 300 to do it?? And help works

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
you can do it yourself. you just need to run the wires and tap into the fuel line. couple hour job

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I think he means "tap into the fuel line."

for 300 bucks, i dunno, might be easier to let a shop do it....

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You can do it yourslef I did mine in about an hour. I put it just infront of the fuel cooler right on the frame.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think he means "tap into the fuel line."

for 300 bucks, i dunno, might be easier to let a shop do it....
thank you for correcting my error. good eye

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Do it yourself.

All you need is 2 brass hydraulic fittings, 8' of fuel line, some wire and an A/C line quick disconnect tool.

Remove the fuel line going from the sender to the fuel cooler, mount pump, run line from sender to pump then pump to cooler, run wires, load bigger tune and enjoy.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yeah it's really easy...no way I would ever pay that to have one installed...this is with a edlebrock pump (same as PPE)...I like the setup though

Attachments

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sweet i have herd that you need to drop fuel tank. can it be dont without dropping it?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also just to help me out anyone have some pics of there pitman/idler braces i was looking at them and it seems to me if i take the nut off and put the braket on i wont have enough bolt after to get the new nut on?? and pics plzz

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
There's 10" of snow and its freezing cold or I'd go get you pics of both. No need to drop the tank or cut any lines.

The braces are very straightforward. You dont re use the nuts. You use the bolt things that came in the kit. You should have 2 gold ones and 2 silver ones.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh ok ill have to take a better look when i get home. Thanks for the help. think i am gonna try and get the lift pump done this weekend. ill take pics of what i do and post them. And maybe you can take a look and see if i did it right.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Here's the only pic I have of it. You can mount it here or on the frame. It will be louder on the frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah it's really easy...no way I would ever pay that to have one installed...this is with a edlebrock pump (same as PPE)...I like the setup though
Seth

Werent you trying to sell yours some time ago....

i remember talking to someone about buying theres...all I can remember is they had a bypass like yours

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man I need you to get back with me as soon as possible on this..... Where did you get the half inch "T" fittings and 1/2 one way check valve? My trucks setting in the shop and they can't find and fitting or check valves.
PLEASE get back with me ASAP!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts