Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna order one tonight I think along with a new fuel filter head. I was gonna get a raptor but with needing a new filter head the PPE is all I can afford right now.

Are they flow-through? I know these pumps can go bad from time to time, and with the luck that I have, I am positive mine will go bad at some point. I don't want my truck to die when this thing shits out. I've read that some allow the truck to continue running. If not I am gonna keep something in the glove box in case I ever need to rip it off and splice fuel lines to get home. :rof.

Am I just wasting my money on this cheaper pump or am I gonna be ok? Also, does it come with some for of mounting hardware?? I know the raptor just comes with a bracket you bolt onto the frame.

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now I am having second thoughts because I have been reading reviews... I'm getting pissed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It'll be fine. People are quick complain and some hardly ever talk about how good something may be. I know a couple people that have them and havent had any problems. Ive heard of people having problems with airdogs and fass pumps as well. I Got one sitting on the floor waiting to get put it and im not worried about it at all.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
They're complete junk. Dont waste your money. Between me and my cousin we've had 5 fail in a 2 year period. Just save up some more money and get a Raptor.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Supposedly they're a lot better now than they used to be. But they also don't come with any hardware, hoses, or fittings. You get a pump in a box is all. So by the time you buy all the stuff you need to install it, the raptor doesn't look near as expensive!

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I had the "new" version Jesse. It lasted 4 months. :(

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Haha well there's the OP's answer :D

My ad2 has been just darn near flawless. It had one issue when it had about a 6" thick layer of ice on the whole pump last winter. It quit working but then worked fine after I thawed it out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Haha well there's the OP's answer :D

My ad2 has been just darn near flawless. It had one issue when it had about a 6" thick layer of ice on the whole pump last winter. It quit working but then worked fine after I thawed it out.

damn the ad2 really is a brute i guess haha i was wondering the same on the ppe

·
Registered
872 Posts
junk. burnt up like 3 in one year on the old cummins. DO not purchase it it will FAIl.

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a feeling that was the answer I'd get. I also was looking at those Holley Black pumps and how guys are making their own lift pumps with them. Seemed like a cool idea. I would buy an ADII but I just dont want to spend 650 bucks on one, then pay to keep changing the filters seeing as I already have a CAT filter setup. Anyone know much about building your own with a Holley and how well they hold up?

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats all I needed to hear haha.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The Holley pumps work good. I think Caleb has used them without any issues.

PPE pumps are relabeled Holley pumps. I would skip the Holley and save for a Raptor.
You mean Edelbrock, right Tyler? :D

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
caleb told me to get a raptor, ppe is junk and your just paying for filters w/ an airdog. Everyone has thier own opinon on parts some have to have the best some settle for the reliable shit and some people end up spending more beiing a tightass. Ive learned to buy the best where needed and the next to best everywhere else. I ve not heard of anyone complaing about the holleys yet, but not that may people run them either. your better off to save your money dave or youll be doublin the price later on getting a good one that you originally wanted. been there done that.

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I am just dying to get to the track so I was trying to rush a pump. I'll just wait a bit and buy the raptor.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
yeha I want to go too but I have to get the lift on first. I did a boosted lauch at 2400 rpms and the front end almost took flight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE!!! I just bought the PPE POS. Lasted an hour. Customer service will not return calls. Just a lot of excuses. I've been working on vehicles for over 50 years. Their junk is a waste of your money!Trust me on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ppe

It'll be fine. People are quick complain and some hardly ever talk about how good something may be. I know a couple people that have them and havent had any problems. Ive heard of people having problems with airdogs and fass pumps as well. I Got one sitting on the floor waiting to get put it and im not worried about it at all.
I'm telling you from experience, do not buy a PPE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts