Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ive started my search to upgrade my fuel system and saw how cheap the PPE lift pumps were.... are you getting what you pay for?

I havent been able to find a numbers on them as far as gph

I just liked this lift pump cause of the price but i havent really heard much about how it performs? So if anyone that is running one could chime in that would be awesome

or any other recomendations?

Thanks
-Steve

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
iirc they are 165gph

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
i've ran one they are ok they get the job done

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think i would get much benefit with what mods i have right now?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you will like it, they are good to have. I wouldnt own one a diesel without a good lift pump.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the real true advantages of having a lift pump? Just supplying the truck with the needed fuel created by the tune?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
not running the cp3 dry from lack of fuel, maybe a tiny bit better fuel economy, and the ability to run larger tunes and make the power that they are supposed to

·
Registered
156 Posts
I noticed quicker throttle response for one, Im not sure but it has to make it easier on the CP3 having fuel to it constantly. And yes it will be something you have to purchase when you get up to the big tunes anyways.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but is it really beneficial when im running tunes that are stock tranny safe?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
probably. wont be as noticeable but still more safe

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
yeah they are alittle louder than others but they get the job done. i dont mind the way it sounds

·
Registered
156 Posts
after the truck starts and you have big straight exhaust you can barely notice...but im half deaf

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how hard is the install? do you remember what you ended up paying for the pump and all your fittings and lines?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
i think it was like $260 off ebay

1 - 20 of 42 Posts