Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 06 Lbz Getting Ready To Buy Either A Ppe Xcellrator Or Edge Juice With Attitude Just Wanted To See Which One Is The Best For The Truck Every Person I Talk To Say's Something Different... Thanks

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum..everyone has their opinons so heres mine..the best for the dollar is the Diablo but the best of the best is the PPE and EFILive but the Edge is really cool but i have heard some trouble out of them lately so maybe the other guys will chime in about their Edge and if they ever had problems..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ok what do you do about gauges then i have seen the quadzilla commander. or just regular auto meter...

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
I personally like the quadzilla stealth 2 tuner. I'm currently selling a triple dog downloader if your interested just PM me. But if you want the best and you got the time to mess with it go with EFI live. I have auto meter gauges in my truck

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have Glow shift gauges in my one truck and auto meters in the other one and i think the auto meters are the best of the 2..

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like my edge with attitude pretty well but probably around Christmas I am going to go with the PPE and go back to traditional gauges. I thought that I heard that the attitude can only read up to 20lbs of boost or something like that, since it fools the signal going to the ECM

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have auto meter ultras and i really like them,as far as tuners i had 3 different edge tuners and they all shut my truck off while going down the road,1 month ago edge gave me my money back and i purchased a superchips,best decision i made so far with tuners,i dont think i will ever by edge again,ppe is nice,efi is great if you have alot of time on your hands.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
PPE. All I need to say.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i just got back from trying out the ppe andit is great alot of power good purchase....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Juice w/ Attitude and no problems at all. Got the performance that Edge said it would give. As for not reading boost over 20 psi, that's not true, I read higher than that, but I'm not too sure how accurate it is, I'm going to try it against a mechanical gauge to see how close it is. I've heard lots of good things about PPE and mixed reviews about Edge, but I haven't had a problem with my Edge. Remember, the Edge is the full gauge cluster, and has many safeguards built in. One of the best things is on-the-fly power adjustments, I think. I also know that Edge is kinda lacking in the Quality Control department, so there are some faulty modules out there, but I've also heard from lots of people that their Customer Support is second to none, and they act fast in fixing any problems you may have. IMO, Edge is a great chip, not the best out there, but not far from it. And for anyone who's wondering, I've heard from countless people that Quadzilla and the Juice w/ Attitude stack really well.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
if u are interested in the very best go with EFIlive..it may be a little time consuming but well worth it.. they even have a demo availible off thier website so it allows you to try tuneing..

heres the web site dl the first one and go through the steps..

EFILive: Digital Tools for Onboard Vehicle Electronics

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i agree with Duramaxkid,you can tune your truck to what ever driving style you like with the EFILive..

·
Registered
192 Posts
To the OP...make sure you drive in city traffic for at least 30 miles, so the tranny can re learn..don't stopm on th gas, after the trans is shifting smoothly, then drive a tad more aggressive. Also, in the tow/haul mode..Gas it, you want the trans to re learn wot in tow / haul..:D

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
This thread is old...and he bought a PPE in the beginning of September.....just a heads up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
power adder

07 CLASSIC SIL LBZ 4'' turbo back no cat k/n and juice attitude like it except no top speed eliminate and truck has friggin traction cont not good at the track lost like three seconds every time it stops spining.but overal good power guna stack with evolution aftewr x-mas- anybody got answers for trac contr. issue:gearjamin

·
Registered
192 Posts
This thread is old...and he bought a PPE in the beginning of September.....just a heads up.
Thanks, saw that..posted just in case anyone else had a ? about it..:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts