Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Looking at the PPE programmer, and would like real world real user comments. Example, what setting are most people seeing the greatest increase in fuel mileage? Also, what is the max setting you are capable of using for say doing a short drag race? And finally, I know this one has been beat like a dead horse, exhaust systems: cat back, turbo back, 4" 5"? MY only requirement is that at speed, under a load say pulling a trailer, the the noise level inside the truck is about what it is with the stock exhaust. My wife told me if I put another loud exhaust on my truck and we pull the 30' trailer over the mountains again she will kill me. All opinions welcome here!

Thanks!

travis

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I like my ppe. hot +2 on 90 hp. I saw a 2-3 mpg increase pretty quickly with it. I also have 4" silverline turbo back with muffler. Noise is not a problem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have the xcellerator if on level one which is 80 horse i see 2-3 mpg gain and i have a cat soon to be turbo back exhaust withno muffler and it is allitle loiuder but not much but sounds alot better out side

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
runnin the ppe hot et2 and now that my tranny is done i run on a 180hp to 200hp tune all the time and still increased my fuel economy by 2-3 mpg over stock..ya it's awesome

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the 05 LLY dually has a Stage 5 Sun Coast Tranny w/t 1057TC..

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I never turn mine off lv6,I get 16.8 around town mixed driving and around 21 on the hwy.I run the 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust with the muffler.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run my PPE on level 4 and get 14.2 so I am not complaining. Exhaust is stock for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PPE level 4 here...all the time

I don't drag race though, but will punch it now and then

I get a couple miles over 400 miles on every tank, generally 20-22 gallons on each fill

so 18-20 mpg average for me

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have been running mine on level 3 for abought a month now. I gained 3MPG with just the PPE Hot+2, Still onley getting abought 15MPG though, City, Highway mixed driving.
If I could keep my foot out of it I think It would be more like 17 or 18MPG!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
when i was runnin a set of 33-12.50R18 Nitto Mud Grapplers on my LBZ i was only getting 11-13MPG all around runnin the PPE HOT +2 on level 6 and now i have the 265-75R16 and jumped up to 14 around town and 18-20 on the highway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
preformance with ppe

im looking for info on the ppe. im thinking of getting on. i want power! im thinking about the ppe hot 2. what upgrades must i do to intake, exhaust and tranny, i really dont want to replace tranny. i have had several duramaxes with edge/juice and superchips, i had efi with racing mustangs(dont wanna program anymore) suggestions???:help

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I love my PPE Hot+2 ET, They no longer sell just the Hot+2 its the ET only.You will want atleast a transgo Jr and a converter, I would get a 4" turbo back exhaust,And some gauges, You will never look back.Pm me if you need any help with a anything from PPE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
whats diff between the 2? why not the hot 2 anymore?

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
They did away with just the hot+2 and now offer the Hot+2 Et only makes it easier for them I guess, Might have luck getting a used hot+2 but the ET is alot better, no defuel on shifts and a extra lv

·
Registered
184 Posts
love my PPE tuner, I run it hot most of the time 10.

when not into the smoke 7, still quick as hell .

when towing i run it on 2 or 3 . my mileage is usually always around 10 mpg

and I run a shuttleworth big rig muffler 5" and rest of
exhaust is 4"

usually level 3 max reccomended for a stock trans.

PPE is a good safe glitch free tuner.wouldnt use anything else .

Gasuout

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the ET is a non defueling programmer on the 225HP level and up so you will need to a upgrade to the tranny to run the ET +2..i have a PPE HOT+2 LBZ that i would sell for $850 it has the 350HP tune that defuels and i've been running that for the last 25K miles on my stock tranny and never limped it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts