Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a PPE a couple of days ago on my new LMM! I tow my enclosed trailer with it daily ,the dealer where I got it said to run it on #2 setting. I have been doung this now, if it is supposed to add 90 hp by doing this, that has to be the weakest 90 hp I have ever felt. But anyway, I am looking for fuel mileage not power, I will keep you posted and let you know if its working or not.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
It doesn't give you 90HP to the rear wheels...it's 90HP to the crank. And be careful you do not slip your tranny...especially since you are towing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got thinking earlier that may be too much, I put it on the #1 setting, that should not hurt anything should it?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i ran my truck when loaded on the 90hp and 160hp tune for 40k miles and never limped it and when i wasn't towing i uped it to 160hp and again thats at the crank so it will add roughly 100rwhp on the 160hp tune and the 90hp tune s roughly a 60rwhp tune..

·
Registered
162 Posts
How is it that on my edge chip will only give me 85hp on level #5? But the PPE will give you 90hp on level #2? I should have got a PPE! Does anyone know why there is such a big difference between the two? I thought they were all about even? I guess i thought wrong.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
ppe rates their hp at the crank so you can figure a 25% loss from the crank to the wheels..

·
Registered
162 Posts
True. Didnt think of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts