Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone who has trans work has ever ran just a ppe (no lift pump or anything) on level 5? Curious because i ran my truck on level 5 with stock trans and it slipped like hell at the top of 4th and in 5th i had to pretty much back it down to about 1/4-1/2 throttle from about 1000ft on. Truck ran a 14.20 at only about 90 mph and i think my 60 was a 1.89 or some where around there (stcok steering so i didnt push it to hard). Just wondering what this thing would run with a trans and with maybe a lift pump. thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Mine is on 5 at the moment....actually has been for a couple months now....runs good and strong.

Haven't dyno'd or ran the track yet....snow finally melted and the temps are raising so won't be long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id be interested to hear how it runs our truck's and mods are very similar.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
did you boost at the line in 4WD?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes but it was a long time ago i wanna say i left at about 4 or maybe 6 lbs of boost steering was all stock so it bounced around a bit.

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
welcome to df and if your going to plan on going fast with ppe level 5 on a stock trans plan on keeping your truck in the driveway

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im aware of that ive ran mine on level five now for over a year with stock trans it slips in 4 th and 5 th but i take it easy.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
i put my quad on 135 tune and did a boosted launch well a couple and stood on it till it couldnt take it and melted my clutches why is everyone elses holding up so much better than mine.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
your truck isnt tough enough....mines built like a rock

....slow as a rock that is

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
mines as tough as a festiva.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i put my quad on 135 tune and did a boosted launch well a couple and stood on it till it couldnt take it and melted my clutches why is everyone elses holding up so much better than mine.
It's a matter of time. Don't feel bad.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just wondering if anyone who has trans work has ever ran just a ppe (no lift pump or anything) on level 5? Curious because i ran my truck on level 5 with stock trans and it slipped like hell at the top of 4th and in 5th i had to pretty much back it down to about 1/4-1/2 throttle from about 1000ft on. Truck ran a 14.20 at only about 90 mph and i think my 60 was a 1.89 or some where around there (stcok steering so i didnt push it to hard). Just wondering what this thing would run with a trans and with maybe a lift pump. thanks
Was it the tranny slipping or the cp3 running out of fuel and making it feel like it was the tranny slipping?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pretty sure it was tranny, slipped real bad and i got out of it a bit then it shifted 5th and i rolled in it some more and rpm just climbed with out it really pulling.If im cruising down the highway and roll on it, it will do the same. First time i actually limped it, and was locked in third and had a code.. Now it doesnt seem to actually limp it. it will just slip. Trans will be gettiing done soon so hopefullly i wont have to worry about it anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.