Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ppe standard I normally run it on level 2 no problems at all could I run any higher setting safely?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I've run mine on 3 when not towing for a couple years. No problems yet, but I don't beat on stuff much either.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I nay try ut

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
74 Posts
you can get away with it ... just be easy on it ... i have done it a few times .. but i stick with the 90hp because oy the fact that my lift and tires cause more stress on the trans

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd stay 90 hp or less from stock unless your ok with possibly replacing the trans down the road.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Do it, you wont ever know unless you try it out. BTW PPE is rated HP at the flywheel not the rear wheels, so that 90 HP tune is like 65 to the wheels. And a bonus if you toast your Allison it'll give you a reason to build it!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Beat on mine for about a year on level 3 with no problems.Actually I had it stacked on an unknown tune when I first got it with the only problem being it kept throwing an overboost code when it would spike to 38psi. Reflashed the ecm and was mint till I got EFI. DOOOOOOOO IT!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been running mine on 3 for about a year now and I haven't had any problems what so ever. Just don't get on it daily and you'll be fine. I keep good maintenance on my spin-on filterand fluid, that is key too. But I like to get on it to when I see Dodges and Fords, still no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts