Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a used PPE standard tuner. What results can I expect to see from my 2005 LLY. It is bone stock except for a AFE mouthpiece. Stock exhaust, standard size wheels. and all amsoil fluids (engine, trans, rearend, transfer case.) Almost every weekend in the summer I tow either my 28' enclosed car trailer with 2200lb roadster and a golf cart in it or a 28' travel trailer camper. What setting can I safely tow with. I always tow at around 60 mph and rarely beat on the thing. Also, I am picking it up in person what should I look for? How would I tell if its locked?

Registered
I believe level one is the 40hp tow tune. If the tuner comes with instructions they will say if not check the ppe website. I just picked up a used ppe as well. As far as it being unlocked, plug it in to your obd port and you should see a bunch of x's on the screen. Then follow the instructions and its pretty easy. If it is locked have the guy plug it in to his truck, go to diagnostic options, then return to stock.
Love this tuner. Be sure and do a tranny re-learn and be easy on it for awhile.

Registered
Make sure you pull the radio and info fuse I think. I never had problems with mine but that's what they say to do. My PPE locked up my ECM and wouldn't change tunes or go back to stock so I had to get a new one and I got efi live instead

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Registered
hope this helps ya

when i bought mine used, i had the guy hook it up to my truck with me, i drove it, then we set it back to stock just making sure it worked as it should

when i got home i updated it for free off the PPE website.

I my self usually leave it on level 2 a guy with an lb7 said he leaves his on level 3 with no issues, fun tuner to play with but if you are towing id use

level 1, im sure level 2 wouldn't get hot but i also don't want to give you bad advise, i have the manual for it if you cant find it i can get you some

info off of it to help

Registered
Towed with mine in level 2 for a bit. Backed it down to level 1 just to be safe since I tow with it everyday for work. I would recommend a set of gauges if you don't already have them. Mainly boost and egt gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts