Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a used PPE standard tuner. What results can I expect to see from my 2005 LLY. It is bone stock except for a AFE mouthpiece. Stock exhaust, standard size wheels. and all amsoil fluids (engine, trans, rearend, transfer case.) Almost every weekend in the summer I tow either my 28' enclosed car trailer with 2200lb roadster and a golf cart in it or a 28' travel trailer camper. What setting can I safely tow with. I always tow at around 60 mph and rarely beat on the thing. Also, I am picking it up in person what should I look for? How would I tell if its locked?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I ran a PPE for a few years left it on tune 2 most of the time and I towed on that tune.

You will have to hook it up to see if it will flash to see if it is locked

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
Good programmer. That's what I am running at this time. Gives you some nice power. I had mine on level two and moved to level three. I have tow about a 8000-9000lb boat about once or twice a month during the summer and haven't had any issues. I dot push it too hard though maybe run about 70 mph at most. As far as checking it out you will have to hook it up to the truck to see as stated.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking at EFI live as well, but I can get the programmer for $250 and I dont plan on keeping the truck for more than a year. I want to get to a 2007 or 2008. This would allow me to use the programmer on my next truck.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Love my PPE. I keep it set on 3 and stay out of it and get great mileage. It does give me the feeling that if I was hard on it, it might limp my tranny. I respect and enjoy my truck. Mine was still locked when I got it. You can either pay ppe $150 to unlock it or like I did find the original truck and unlock it. Just plug it in when you get it and if it still has the last trucks info on the screen it's locked. To unlock- go to diagnostics options from the menu and return to stock there. Just return to stock from tune eng won't do it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the economy unit on level 3 (top level) and it accelerates really well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts