Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Lots of people run them with good results, lower egts more power less smoke, just be careful of how high you set the boost. Somewhere shortly after 30 psi things tend to come apart!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
it will work but there are far better ways of increasing boost .

·
Registered
132 Posts
what are some of the better ways of increasing boost with out increasing the chance stuff will come apart?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just installed one yesterday but have not had the chance to put her on the highway to see how it works. I didn't see much difference in EGTs or boost at lower speeds.

05_LLY ... could you explain a bit about the "just be careful of how high you set the boost' comment, I'm not sure I understand where would I set the boost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you all talking about the valve that goes in the line or "tube" thats on the waste-gate? I'm confused about "setting the boost" because I just cut the tube, put the valve in and tighten the two hose clamps. Maybe this is not what your talkin about but it might of give me about 4 or 5 pds of boost, not the 10 pds like the paper said it would.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can get a adjustable one from Kennedy Diesel. I have never ran one. I just moved my wastegate line from the out of the turbo to intercooler tube right before the intake. Gained me about 2 psi. On a good hook, drag pass or the dyno I see around 32 to 34 psi. My turbo would make 24 psi with the stock tune. Always been a over acheiver.:gearjamin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you all talking about the valve that goes in the line or "tube" thats on the waste-gate? I'm confused about "setting the boost" because I just cut the tube, put the valve in and tighten the two hose clamps. Maybe this is not what your talkin about but it might of give me about 4 or 5 pds of boost, not the 10 pds like the paper said it would.

are you talking about some kind of blow off valve?

if so can anyone explain to me if its a blow off valve or a diverter valve i keep hearing on trucks in videos i watch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
are you talking about some kind of blow off valve?

if so can anyone explain to me if its a blow off valve or a diverter valve i keep hearing on trucks in videos i watch.

He is talking about the PPE Boost valve. It goes the wasteagte line. It has a hole drilled in it to bleed a small amount of boost. This causes the wastegate to open slower which means more boost.

What you most likely hearing on those vids if they are pulling vids is turbo bark not a blow valve.

·
Registered
172 Posts
He is talking about the PPE Boost valve. It goes the wasteagte line. It has a hole drilled in it to bleed a small amount of boost. This causes the wastegate to open slower which means more boost.

What you most likely hearing on those vids if they are pulling vids is turbo bark not a blow valve.

yeah it was a pulling video.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'm getting right at 32 psi with the mcrat race tune

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dead stock turbo I can get to 32psi. I tryed more boost with a adjustable boost valve but made no more power.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
on my stock turbo i was getting 28 psi then i put on a ppe boost controller and had it checked right after i put it on,the highest was 36 psi that was 20,000 miles ago and still runs strong today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts