Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at putting a programmer on my 08 lmm. i dont plan on doing anything big for it so i think efi live isnt for me. i like to look of hard gauges so i'm gonna go that route. so how actually make a better programmer. aslo how do you change power levels on the PPE? thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i go with Edge whats the highest power level i can run with a Trans Go JR installed? is there any way you can give me a quote with the Edge programmer and 5" MBRP from turbo back?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tyler

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Edge comes with digital gauges iirc. It's a pretty good deal and you can change tunes without stopping and turning the truck off. Both are good and won't disappoint, but most say that the new edge evo's are better(I agree)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Edge comes with digital gauges iirc. It's a pretty good deal and you can change tunes without stopping and turning the truck off. Both are good and won't disappoint, but most say that the new edge evo's are better(I agree)
there is several different edge programmers, the edge evo you must shut truck off , juice with attitude is on the fly but does not offer the greatest tunes, edge evo will have the best tunning of the edges

ppe is a very good tuner but the edge comes with gauges, the edge evo race will add sick power. but you said you didnt need that so just get the regular evo, if you are wanting on the fly efi live is the best with a edge insight, I have had 4 different tuners and efi live is the best with the edge gauge awesome set up

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just got the PPE economy, I have it on level 3 which is 160 HP. Very noticeable power difference. Still waiting to refuel, my DIC is showing significant increase in MPG! If I have to tow anything heavy I will lower my tune to level 1. I have not heard any complaints about PPE, I have heard bad about EDGE (FYI they are discontinuing them!) Best of luck.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i say PPE. why? there's a low 11 second 2wd duramax running PPE tuning. idk any trucks running an edge that can move like that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Go for the edge it has great tuning I run mine on level 5 and has tons more power than the juice anf still get 20+ mpg when I can stay out of the throttle

And ps they are only discontinuing the race version but there always seems to be someone selling one

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
ppe gets my vote

PPE.......and I have used Superchips[which was second only to the PPE in performance imho],Bullydog,and Edge.....my duramax didnt care for the Edge though,threw DTC's etc,no good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the PPE hot+2ET which I love and my brother runs the edge in his 09 because of the gauges and doesnt want the power. I run my PPE on level 4 with no issues when I am empty and average 25mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i have a ppe and run level 4 and get 25mpg empty. i love it and wouldnt get anything else. i tow with it on 3 an 8k trailer n gooseneck cattle trailer

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
I have a 08 lmm with the edge Evo race with power settings up to 7. The highest I usually run mine is lvl 4 which is the 105 hp tune. It shifts good on mine and throws no codes. It has great power to me. I've never rode in a PPE tuned truck so I can't really give an opinion. If you do decide to do a little more modding on the truck my highest hp tune is 7 and is a 180 hp tune. I know EFI is great and thats what im going to but I think you would be happy with an edge. Just my .02

·
Registered
159 Posts
so if i go with Edge whats the highest power level i can run with a Trans Go JR installed? is there any way you can give me a quote with the Edge programmer and 5" MBRP from turbo back?
This is my setup. Got it from another vendor but no biggie there. I'm pleased, if that counts for anything. I have a 500+ whp vette so the truck will never be 'fast' but considering it's 7140 lbs empty, I'm very impressed with the way it moves. So are all my 'car guy' friends. It's a matter of perspective, really.

I still average about 15 mpg BUT most of my driving is on city streets to/ from work. I'll see high- teens on the highway but the 20s and the 'lift' don't help much. Both this and my half ton saw noticeable loss in economy when I leveled them. Also, it's an HD truck. Pay to play....all about perspective. How ya gonna complain about the cost of fuel when you drive a $55k truck??

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Go for EFI Live and an Edge Insight. It's just as easy as a PPE except you have to plug in two wires. Also with Rob's new loaner v2 program it's cheaper then PPE.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have ppe hot +2 et race. I love it!!! Mine is set on level 5 300 hp

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I have ppe hot +2 et race. I love it!!! Mine is set on level 5 300 hp
I foresee transmission trouble in your future:gearjamin:help

1 - 20 of 35 Posts