Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ditch the Juice

bought my first Duramax 2003 6.6

and now I have purchased a used Edge programmer
guy said its an Evolution but on the back it says The Juice.
are these the same thing?

And how do I even program this thing
I know nothing about a Diesel or a Turbo
Im a Nitrous guy

truck is all stock
I pull a 24ft race trailer and want to add performance to truck to make towing a little easier

Ineed help to say the least

I had the Edge Evolution Juice with Attitude. Had a lot of problems with it going to stock power levels once it detected a slip in the tranny. I replaced it with EFI with the Edge cts2 monitor. Much better! I am extremely happy with it, however I got mine from Rob, and he is out of the buss. and I now need to find someone to help make some changes, but love it other wise

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve had PPE in my truck since I got it. Way smoother shifts. More power, also some of the features are handy. Such as injector reads, clear codes, change speedometer. I really like it. I don’t haul anything, and use my truck as a daily driver. To be used eventually for ice fishing trips.

Only thing I’ve found to have trouble with was, if you have an aftermarket remote starter. It may cause issues during the install of the tune. The remote starters also use a bypass off the Port, when installing the tune, the port gets confused.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im currently running ppe, on my 01, transfering it to my 04 once its built. I love it, compared to my superchip before it. Superchip smoked a bit, and hardly any with the ppe after a few drive cycle and not to mention the power difference. Superchip made a noisy loud fuel knock oddly, but the PPE is all around great. I did have one problem switching to the old mans LLY but it was self explanatory fix.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I know some time has passed since tuners were discussed, any new opinions? Edge Insight or Evolution, with multiple gauge layout. Im not tuning for power or anything mainly used as a gauge, Im not into doing head gaskets. Do want something for oversized tires and gives me more monitoring options. I really have no brand loyalty except my son has a Edge on his Cummings.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am running the edge Evo and I like it. Reads and clears trouble codes. Monitoring aspect is nice as well. My only complaint is no shift on the fly. Removing radio fuse everytime I wanna switch can be a pain in the a$$. But I am pretty happy. Had it on my truck for a couple months now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Why not install a conveniently accessible toggle switch on the radio fuse so you can just flip the switch the turn back on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am running the edge Evo and I like it. Reads and clears trouble codes. Monitoring aspect is nice as well. My only complaint is no shift on the fly. Removing radio fuse everytime I wanna switch can be a pain in the a$$. But I am pretty happy. Had it on my truck for a couple months now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Why not install a conveniently accessible toggle switch on the radio fuse so you can just flip the switch the turn back on. Simple solution for a pita problem.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts