Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PPE will not de-fuel? *UPDATE*

my PPE xcelertator standard will not let me select the de-fuel option. i have it set on level 3 and it lets me select de-fuel and i select yes but it still loads it as no-defuel. any ideas?

UPDATE: called ppe and they said the standard tuner has the de-fuel on all the time and you cant change it. you can only change it on the ppe hot+2. so i guess its fine the way it is lol?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
have you tried to update it??

I've ran it on 2-5 and mine lets me...

·
Registered
639 Posts
when your installing a tune a check list will come up saying yes timing added, yes rpm increses, yes defuel added etc. when u click on the defuel option on the list it saying no to defueling being added and will show up on the list as no defuel. that list is all the things being added...if thats solves your problem

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
when your installing a tune a check list will come up saying yes timing added, yes rpm increses, yes defuel added etc. when u click on the defuel option on the list it saying no to defueling being added and will show up on the list as no defuel. that list is all the things being added...if thats solves your problem
that too..

have you put it back to stock and then re-applied tune? I'm pretty sure de-fuel is a preset option...cause I've never changed mine and its on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it shows yes for everything but defuel. defuel says no beside it. so is this correct?

·
Registered
639 Posts
yes. its saying no to de fuel being added. i got confused too when i took it off

·
Registered
639 Posts
wait are you trying to take defuel off?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
wait are you trying to take defuel off?
no he wants to select it.

on the options menu of the tune just click it on...hard to explain it....without sitting in my truck with the PPE plugged in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha this is confusing lol. after i select install tune it shows the following:

timing added: yes
fuel added: yes
rpm increase: yes
de-fueling: no

is this correct? i want it to de-fuel for the sake of my tranny.

·
Registered
639 Posts
hmm usually right after i select a l=tune it will say yes for all of them. did u ever select no for it? try scrolling down to it and clicking yes

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm usually right after i select a l=tune it will say yes for all of them. did u ever select no for it? try scrolling down to it and clicking yes
i did. thats the problem. i go to it under custom settings and select yes. then when i go to install tune and check settigns it still shows no. all the others show yes. ive tried changing the others to see if they will change and they do change to yes and no.

·
Registered
119 Posts
haha this is confusing lol. after i select install tune it shows the following:

timing added: yes
fuel added: yes
rpm increase: yes
de-fueling: no

is this correct? i want it to de-fuel for the sake of my tranny.
The factory presets are for all of the options above to be "yes." The configuration above has the defuel option "off." If you have a stock trans, you definitely want that option to be "on". Even people that have built trannies run defuel "on."

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i had this problem a while back its yes yes yes NO De fueling NO idk why but its right

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i had this problem a while back its yes yes yes NO De fueling NO idk why but its right
looks like you are correct. called PPE and they said on the standard tuner you DO NOT have the option to fuel through shifts only on ppe hot+2 can you change the settings for defuel. so its on defuel on every tune all the time!

thanks for the responses guys. hopefully this thread will answers someone elses questions when they use the "search" button lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts