Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got about a month old PPE Standard Xcelerator Tuner for my '06 LBZ Duramax, and I've had it on the 90hp tune since I bought it. Today I installed an EGR delete kit on it, and the truck ran fine. Now I went to install the 160 tune on it (doing the exact same thing I did before) and it went through all the screens fine, but has been on the final screen ("Installing Your Selected Tuning DO NOT DisturbEE") for over an hour. What is wrong, it didn't take but 5 minutes back when I put the 90hp tune on it? Can I unplug it and restart the tuning process? Please Help! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Geez.pop the hood and put a battery charger on it on the lowest lowest setting before the battery drains completely.It's risky business.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Moved to LBZ- no further info from OP

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Thanks for responding the "fix". Everyone learns this way.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
OP, what was the outcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally unplugged it after about an hour and 25 minutes, but drained my battery because I kept the tuner hooked up for that long. So, I had to hook my buddies truck up to mine. Then, mine wouldn't start since I unplugged 'mid-tune.' So, I set it back to the stock tune, and then it started up fine. Then, PROPERLY installed the 16th (#3) tune, and now it runs like a bat outta hell! Wasted about 2 hours though (freakin the whole time, thinkin somethin was wrong with my truck), because of my dumb user-error. But, like I said, all is good now!:sunglasses:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts