Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the standard, I was bouncing around with the efi option for a while, but for the money this was my choice. I live no where near an efi guy and support could be a bit of an issue. I'm pretty excited, I just wanted a little boost in performance for my highway trips. It should be here on Monday, I'll post after I've played around with it a bit and let you know how I like it. Cheers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
PPE is a good choice if you arent ready for efi.
I also have the PPE standard and i think its great. I keep mine on level 2 and I think its enough power for tearing around town.
I was told that level 3-5 will start to ruin a stock trans.

·
Registered
141 Posts
PPE is a good choice if you arent ready for efi.
I also have the PPE standard and i think its great. I keep mine on level 2 and I think its enough power for tearing around town.
I was told that level 3-5 will start to ruin a stock trans.
This is true

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it all depends on how you drive, I'm mostly looking for some mileage gains, I don't really beat on it stoplight to stoplight, burnouts and all that. Just a nice little boost in performance and hopefully a little better mileage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't see it in you sig, hope you have at least a pyro coming too. You'll need one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gauges are good to have no matter what

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Where you will have problems is the 4 to 5 shift, and the 5 to 4 shift-- the extra torque will slip the clutches. It will be easer to burn the trans with over size tires and when towing.

The EGT will be higher when towing-- so keep the RPM up around 2500 RPM when working the diesel hard. The EGT will be a little cooler.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I have been running the 120hp program, it is very nice, wakes the truck up, only a slight puff of haze when you get on it then cleans up. So far I like, I am going to run a tank on this tune then take it down to level 2 and leave it there for all my daily driving. For now... I did have one rough 4 to 5 shift :( since then I have been locking out 5th.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am looking at the PPE Standard as well, my only concern is will it leave a footprint in the ECM? I am mostly looking for a little better mileage as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I ran level 3 on my truck with stock transmission with no problems, couldnt limp it if i tried. but levels 4 and obviously 5 watch out for those 4 and 5 shifts. ive limped it 3 times on level 4 lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i run mine on 225 all day long and i love it!! .i cant wait to burn up the tranny so i can have one built.. but then again i only drive it on weekends to impress the ladies :cool:..

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My trans lasted 40 k on the highest level. Dont remeber what number it was for lbz? but then the inevitable happened. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got 21.3 mpg on setting 2... What have u guys been getting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I Have Just Picked Up a 03 GMC HD With a Duramax LB7. I Just Ordered a PPE Xcelerator Economy With Three power levels. 40, 90, 120hp, At What Point Is I a Necessity To Install A Pyrometer, Also Will The PPE Turbo Valve Cause Head Gasket Damage due To Boos PSI Too High ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
is the ppe a safer tuner then the banks ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts