Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what boost PSI you guys are getting with your PPEI tunes! I'm running the 150 tune bc i dont have a lift pump yet. The highest I've gotten is 29. Just curious to see what everyone is getting!

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Thats normal

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
^ that's not normal

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
I can hit 40 for a second when it shifts into 5th at WOT.. thats on the 200 tune though.. (all I ever run)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my stock engine and turbo my CTS says 29.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Yeah I've got autometer gauges if that makes any difference.. And no I don't reckon it's real easy on my turbo.. The vanes stuck closed the other morning and had me a little worried, but I restarted it after I got to where I was going and it's been normal ever since..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a deleted lml with ppei tunes, currently running the street tune. I do not have a lift pump on it yet. I have a bully dog watchdog and all i've ever seen it read is 23 pounds of boost. Everyone seems to get higher than this?! Truck seems to run great and really screams but it zips up to 23 and thats it. Does the bullydog not read anything higher than 23? Or is there a possible issue? Thanks guys

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Only 23?????
I've gotten to a recorded high on the cts of 37 running the 150 tune, surely just a boost spike. Typical sustained is around 28-32 psi :gearjamin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm yeah everyone seems to be getting way higher readings. I'm going to switch to different tunes and watch the boost. I was starting to figure that the stock boost sensor doesn't read any higher than 23 or so but I wonder if I don't have a different issue. Well crap!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
What's your elevation? Truck might be running in the high altitude tables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in northeast nebraska. I think i'm 1200 feet above sea level. I saw somewhere the lml MAP sensor doesn't read above 37 psia? Is that correct? Maybe thats why i'm only seeing 23psig. Take 14 off 37 and its coicidently 23. Not sure if this is correct but read it somewhere. I'm not hearing any air leaking noises coming from under the hood. I'm not noticing a performance loss I don't think but it sounds like i'm 10 pounds low compared to where I should be

·
Registered
226 Posts
It will read up to 38PSI Max

·
Registered
61 Posts
As someone who will be running these tunes in the short future would running the CTS as a monitor be good enough for PSI or should another mechanical boost gauge be used??

·
Registered
226 Posts
As someone who will be running these tunes in the short future would running the CTS as a monitor be good enough for PSI or should another mechanical boost gauge be used??
The CTS is enough until you add twins and or more fuel and injectors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts