Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at my local performance shop yesterday and was looking at getting a diablo predator, but the guy said people have had nothing but trouble out of them and i was just wandering if anyone here had any trouble with theres. thanks for any input:confused:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I had one and two of my buddies run one, I loved mine for the $$ spent on it and everyt thing it was great. Wat jerked alot of folks off with predator was when they relaesed a update they made all the gm guys pay for it when the ford and dodge updates can be done for Free!!!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i don't mean to hijack the thread but go with the ppe programmers,allthough i have never heard any bad about the diablo programmers...just a thought

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i gained roughly 4 mpg on both of my trucks runnin a 90hp tune with my ppe tuners..on my dually i run a 350hp(above stock)tune all the time but i have some work done to the drive line..

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
PPE tuners are the best off the shelf performace tuners IMO but for milage and bang for the buck factors i recomend the predator.

THis is all from my experience with both tuners, i know different folks and trucks may like different tuners for better resaults, these are just mine!!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. I like it better than the power pup....definately less timing rattle with the predator. I haven't heard anything bad about the predator though.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. I like it better than the power pup....definately less timing rattle with the predator. I haven't heard anything bad about the predator though.
how do you like your tst programmer and do you think it would stack with the ppe?sorry to hijack the thread..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
TST makes pretty good power, but I don't know if they came out with one for the LLY or LBZ. It stacks ok with the predator, but I haven't really turned it up either. I did have it on one of the higher levels before and I did get some bursting. I can't complain about it, it came on my truck when I bought it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well got my predator and love it but it keeps throwing mass airflow senser code it will only do this when tuned not stock. any ideas? thanks for the help :help :drink

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
What air filter are you using? You might want to clean your MAF sensor. Use some alcohol and a q-tip....be very gentle....or use electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
First time I have heard of that one. I have had nothing but great luck with the Diablosports. Like posted, clean the MAF, and post up if you have the stock or otherwise filter. Also, is the code for rationality or flow?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok took it to my dealership buddy and he put it on the tech 2 , its a bad MAF senser and since its under warrenty he will get me a new one tommarrow.:)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Well, at least you got the hook-up. Good to know....kinda weird it finally showed bad when you put the programmer on. Keep us posted if this actually gets rid of the code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm contemplating buying the Diablo; is it absoloutely necessary to upgrade the exhaust as well? Also, does anyone sell complete packages? And one one more: Who's the best vendor online? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the help.

2005 LLY 4X4 Crew... 21,000 miles...Garage Queen!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
No, you do not have to upgrade your exhaust, but if you don't, I would add a pyrometer (EGT guage) to know you are safe. It all depends on what level you run at. I could hit my EGT alarm on my TST just pulling a hill unloaded. The alarm was set at 1350 and my truck was straight piped at the time...no cat either. I can still do the same with my truck and I have a 4" mbrp system on it. There are quite a few places online to get a package system with the programmer, exhaust, and sometimes an intake too. Check out the supporting vendors section on the first page on top. You can either e-mail them or call them and they should hook you up with what you need to have. BTW, Welcome to the site!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts