Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at my local performance shop yesterday and was looking at getting a diablo predator, but the guy said people have had nothing but trouble out of them and i was just wandering if anyone here had any trouble with theres. thanks for any input:confused:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,217 Posts
I had one and two of my buddies run one, I loved mine for the $$ spent on it and everyt thing it was great. Wat jerked alot of folks off with predator was when they relaesed a update they made all the gm guys pay for it when the ford and dodge updates can be done for Free!!!!!

·
Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
i don't mean to hijack the thread but go with the ppe programmers,allthough i have never heard any bad about the diablo programmers...just a thought

·
Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
i gained roughly 4 mpg on both of my trucks runnin a 90hp tune with my ppe tuners..on my dually i run a 350hp(above stock)tune all the time but i have some work done to the drive line..

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,217 Posts
PPE tuners are the best off the shelf performace tuners IMO but for milage and bang for the buck factors i recomend the predator.

THis is all from my experience with both tuners, i know different folks and trucks may like different tuners for better resaults, these are just mine!!!

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. I like it better than the power pup....definately less timing rattle with the predator. I haven't heard anything bad about the predator though.

·
Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. I like it better than the power pup....definately less timing rattle with the predator. I haven't heard anything bad about the predator though.
how do you like your tst programmer and do you think it would stack with the ppe?sorry to hijack the thread..

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
TST makes pretty good power, but I don't know if they came out with one for the LLY or LBZ. It stacks ok with the predator, but I haven't really turned it up either. I did have it on one of the higher levels before and I did get some bursting. I can't complain about it, it came on my truck when I bought it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well got my predator and love it but it keeps throwing mass airflow senser code it will only do this when tuned not stock. any ideas? thanks for the help :help :drink

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
What air filter are you using? You might want to clean your MAF sensor. Use some alcohol and a q-tip....be very gentle....or use electrical contact cleaner.

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Well, at least you got the hook-up. Good to know....kinda weird it finally showed bad when you put the programmer on. Keep us posted if this actually gets rid of the code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm contemplating buying the Diablo; is it absoloutely necessary to upgrade the exhaust as well? Also, does anyone sell complete packages? And one one more: Who's the best vendor online? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the help.

2005 LLY 4X4 Crew... 21,000 miles...Garage Queen!

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
No, you do not have to upgrade your exhaust, but if you don't, I would add a pyrometer (EGT guage) to know you are safe. It all depends on what level you run at. I could hit my EGT alarm on my TST just pulling a hill unloaded. The alarm was set at 1350 and my truck was straight piped at the time...no cat either. I can still do the same with my truck and I have a 4" mbrp system on it. There are quite a few places online to get a package system with the programmer, exhaust, and sometimes an intake too. Check out the supporting vendors section on the first page on top. You can either e-mail them or call them and they should hook you up with what you need to have. BTW, Welcome to the site!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.