Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
MY buddy has one on his lbz Dually, he loves it so far but he hasent had it very long but he really likes the mid setting (65hp, i think)for driving and towing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Predator

turbo lcc1,

They were the 1st to get an LBZ product, we sell a lot of them and the customer feedback is very good. Call us if you have any questiosn on it.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've always wanted one of these programmers until I read a TSB from GM on the damage these things can cause. I have the TSB and can email it to anyone who wants a copy. I also started asking people who have used one. I've only talked to 2 people and both have since removed the programming. One because he fried the clutches in his Allison trans, the other because of a blown head gasket. I would caution anyone using these things. If you do I certainly wouldn't use it while towing heavy loads. Read the TSB first before spending any money and make an informed decision. The bulletin number is 06-06-01-007

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I've always wanted one of these programmers until I read a TSB from GM on the damage these things can cause. I have the TSB and can email it to anyone who wants a copy. I also started asking people who have used one. I've only talked to 2 people and both have since removed the programming. One because he fried the clutches in his Allison trans, the other because of a blown head gasket. I would caution anyone using these things. If you do I certainly wouldn't use it while towing heavy loads. Read the TSB first before spending any money and make an informed decision. The bulletin number is 06-06-01-007
i'm not trying to highjack this tread

it is very possible to blow a head gasket and frie an engine by doing to much extra hp with it and not building it to handle it,so i'm not doubting your sinserity about posting this,but the reson i do all these mods to my diesels is for better fuel economy for instance on my 05 lly stock i was doing good to get 16mpg on the highway and after a ppe programmer on 90hp,a S&B air intake,turbo boost controller and a straight exhaust,i have yet to go belowe 14mpg even towing and with a best yet of 23mpg all highway,to me that is worth more then the risk of blowing a head gasket and putting an average of 40k to 50k mile on a year i can save enough in fuel in 1 yerar to rebuild my engine and still be ahead of the game....i'm not trying to say that i was dumb to post that,by all means i think it is good for guys to see the pros and cons of diesel performance...ps it is also known as a diesel hp addiction.....thanks james

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah i have a predator for my 06 LBz and i really like it. It given me beter throttle responce and power. I recomend it. I got mine through the online sponcer Diesal nut motorsports. I got a good price through them and they treated me well.

Jordan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the predator on my 06 lbz and its great. I gave me better throttle responce and more power, i have it on the 85 hp level And i tows all day. I got mine through Diesel nut motor sports. Thry have treated me well and are good on prices.

Jordan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the predator on my 06 lbz and it great. I have it on level three the 85 hp, give great power and better throttle reponce. I can tow all day with no problems. I got mine though Diesel nut motor sports, They have treated me well and have good prices.

Jordan

·
Registered
20 Posts
07.5 Classic LBZ. Love the hell outta mine. I keep it on 85....cause thats plenty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:confused:Hey guys, read alot and get alot of information with out posting and appriciate all the input. Got a question, i have an 06 LBZ, S&B intake, Diamondeye 4"(w/resignator), 6in lift, 35/12.5/18, Ally 6 speed, crew cab, shortbox and i have installed the PREDATOR. my expectations were the following, get rid of that hessitation when kicking into passing gear, blow a little black smoke, and on hghway trips some fuel Eco???? still have the hesi...........tation, no smoke, and have not went on a trip yet so not sure on the eco?

and while im asking, on the S&B does anyone else have a problem with the tube hitting the insulation and comming apart, get a check engine light and the tube has slipped out of the rubber reducer/connector. I check it allthe time now, its was tight to begin with, and i have now(after 3 times) cut an astrik in the insulation where i can see the wrinkles ??????

·
I STILL DGAF
9,076 Posts
What code are you getting?

The 120 tune on the Predator will smoke but not near as much as other tuners. You'll get better mpg on the 85 and 120 tunes if you keep your foot out of it.

Don't think you're gonna get rid of the hesitation at highway speeds with that Diablo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts