Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2001 Duramax with the 5 sp allison trannie. I am looking to do a few things to spice it up. It is most a daily driver and gets a chance to haul a few times a month with mostly smaller loads such as 2 ATV's or a 4 place sled trailer but on occasion I do haul heavier loads. It has absolutely no problems hauling them but I am looking for a little extra. I am in southern Maine and we get all sorts or weather including real hot and real cold in the winter. I have done some reading and I think I am gong to get a K&N Filter set up right off and have been looking towards maybe a preformance chip or tuner. I see there are a lot of options around everything from kits that will change the rev limiters and tire size to just incredible amounts of HP/Ft LB"S. I dont know the first thing about the things to watch such as exhaust temps and really dont want to hurt my truck at all as I love the way it hauls compared to my previous gas job 6.0 Liter. Anyone got any suggestions for a good all around system or upgrade that will be a low maitenance system?? I am guess I am looking for a plug in and go system that wont have any potential effects or my truck. I really plan on keeping this truck a long time and want it to last.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts