Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 LB7 wont start. Changed fuel filter. Still wont prime. I have ordered the deluxe fuel filter head rebuild kit and am awaiting the arrival of these parts. I have read that some of you recommend pressuring the fuel line by using a shop vac or leaf blower? Could you please describe this process in detail? Also, should I put fuel in the filter manually? I have read some posts that say you do and some that say do not do this. I need clarification.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 04 LB7 wont start. Changed fuel filter. Still wont prime. I have ordered the deluxe fuel filter head rebuild kit and am awaiting the arrival of these parts. I have read that some of you recommend pressuring the fuel line by using a shop vac or leaf blower? Could you please describe this process in detail? Also, should I put fuel in the filter manually? I have read some posts that say you do and some that say do not do this. I need clarification.
not to sure on the shop vac part, ive heard of schreader valve on the gas cap lol...but when i do my fuel filter i fill it about 80% ( dont want it to spill out) spin it on, crack the bleeder and pump about 10-20 times, close the bleeder, then pump it some more till its hard...Thats just how I do it...but a head replacement would help on a 10 year old truck...hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts