Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the TTTPA pull last night at the West Texas Fair and Rodeo overall the pull was pretty good but there was not one duramax in the diesel class... One ford.and the rest dodges... Just disappoints the hell out of me I didnt even want to go to the second pull today

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
dmax guys figured all the dodges would break yesterday and they would pull today hahaha

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah a couple of them did break and I think the ford screwed up simething too

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
hahaha see weening out the weak ones

like i tell the guy at work he cant claim he has power till he can beat me hahahaha

·
Registered
772 Posts
When's the next one?? :D

Do you know any events around our area that are pretty big?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres one in Hico coming up in november and a few more but cant remember exactly where or when

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sadly that's how it is around here too. Had a big pull Saturday night, and I think there were 2 duramax trucks In it.

- Adam

·
Registered
108 Posts
I worked for a chevy dealership back in 1999-2003. All of the techs there refused to drive Chevy diesels, and with good reason. GM was the only company making their own engines and just not staying ahead of the curve. People are just having a hard time accepting the fact that GM has caught up and is actually sling shotting passed the competition. I assume it will take another 5-10 years though. With the new LML and it's insane capabilities, it's going to take Dodge all of their faithful consumers to keep their diesel as successful as they are. Currently, the Cummins is the least performing engine of the big three. I don't think it even has the towing capacity, let alone the power.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah ive owned 2 dodges and I liked them until my dad got a duramax and I fell in love with.how much power it had so I traded the dodge off, got a little upside down on it but I had to have a duramax and ive loved it ever since

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bet one of the reasons for this is based on cost. If you were to buy a used 12 valve between 5000 and 8000, take another 10K to build the transmission and other mods, you can have a truck that can handle close to 1000hp. I don't see how you can compete dollar for dollar with a duramax/allison combo. If you were to build a Duramax equivalent, and were to break something (which will happen with all trucks) the cost to fix it is significantly more. (usually)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its always like that at all the events I have been too. I have owned all three of the trucks and the dodges are great with the cummins but I dont like the truck especially the front end just a pain in the neck in the making and Fords its tough to make alot of power with reliability. Stonedog is right but also the Allison no matter what you do to it wont hold more than 800hp. Everyone I know with a 1000hp Duramax runs the dodge transmission

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Its always like that at all the events I have been too. I have owned all three of the trucks and the dodges are great with the cummins but I dont like the truck especially the front end just a pain in the neck in the making and Fords its tough to make alot of power with reliability. Stonedog is right but also the Allison no matter what you do to it wont hold more than 800hp. Everyone I know with a 1000hp Duramax runs the dodge transmission
There are alot more Duramax's making over 1000 H.P. with a Allison then there are with a duraflight (Dodge Transmission).. There is one that recently dyno'd 1700 H.P. with a allison..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts