Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it was possible to put a blow off valve on a 06 lly? my turbo barks a lot and was wondering if this would help it? also if anyone has a link for one if they could post it? thanks :drink

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
bd makes one, pretty spendy though.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Get a shock collar to stop the barking....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
easy out of the throttle instead of letting off quickly simple as that

·
Registered
676 Posts
is yours actually barking or doing that whoosh sound while normal driving when you let off the throttle even under light acceleration

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is yours actually barking or doing that whoosh sound while normal driving when you let off the throttle even under light acceleration
yeah but it's super loud sounds awesome but from wat i've heard it's horrible

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
are you saying yes its the whoosh? if its the whoosh its not barking

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Does it sound like this, this is a turbo bark, two ways to fix it either let off the throttle easier or the BOV

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o i read on here somewhere that they said that was a minor bark not as bad but still bad. if it's not a bark wat exactly makes that noise and is it bad?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
turbo vanes working, mine does it all the time when i let off the throttle , is probably what your hearing

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so it's not a bad thing then just don't want to hear it blow up goign down the road haha

·
Registered
676 Posts
Its completely normal, I personaly hate the sound, its embarrassing when you are cruising downtown between buildings and let off the throttle for a light and all you hear is a whoosh like a dog howling echoing off the buildings. People are like WTF was that.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i think it sounds awesome i wish i had a bov though they sound awesome

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's compressor surge. From what I hear it's hard on the thrust bearings in the turbo. Ball bearing turbos handle it better then a bushing center section.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
BArking is bad, if its just spooling down its ok. do you have a boost gauge?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts