Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 07 4500 just changed the fuel filter lost 1/2 of the fuel i put in the new filter do to location and having to turn filter sideways and contourt it in place. So I have lost the prime. anyone know were the prime pump is on these? I have a long trip ahead starting tuesday and don't want any problems:help

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Yep, it is right on top of the fuel filter housing. It is the round raised part with the indention in it. You will need to crack the bleeder screw right next to it and let the air out while you pump it up. Once the fuel flows just tighten the bleeder up and your done.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You poured the fuel from the filter in the new filter--???? WOW--!!!!

If so--you have unfiltered fuel in the injectors.

Not a good idea to reuse the old fuel or even fill the filter--

If you tried to start it before priming the fuel system--you will have lots of air in the system-- next to the primer button on the top of the filter housing is the primer button-- next to that is a small screw loosen the screw and pump the primer button until clear fuel comes out-- close the screw [PLASTIC] so be careful. them pump the primer some more-- crank-- 10 seconds-- pump some more-- crank 10 seconds. It should start, unless you have a leak around the filter area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts